Is your garden built with the goal of sustainability in mind? Does it have features that are designed to preserve and protect resources and make a positive impact on the Earth?
Sustainable gardening is one of the ways we can protect our natural environment. This includes improving our soils, growing native plants, shrubs and trees to create beautiful landscapes, growing fresh fruits, berries and vegetables using organic and renewable resources that nature provides, from rain water to solar power.
1. Tell us in 150 words or less why your garden is sustainable and green, based on the following criteria:
• Use of recycled materials
• Use of compost
• Use of techniques that conserve water resources & energy
• Maintenance techniques (i.e. what kind of weed and pest control methods do you use?)
• Use of native and climate-appropriate plants
2. Email photos and a description (as outlined above) of your garden to by Thursday 12th April 2018 (5pm). All submitted photos will be assessed by our panel of gardening experts.